Hulu is one of the most popular streaming services out there. You can watch TV shows, movies, and various other types of content on the platform. However, at times you may get blocked from logging into your account and that may be frustrating. Users have reported that they are getting the ‘Your Login Has Been Blocked’ error when they try to log in to their Hulu Account.
So why this issue is caused and what to do if you are facing this issue? Worry not, this article will answer all of the questions that you have been looking for. This article will discuss the reason behind facing this issue and how you can solve it.
Table Of Contents
Reasons Behind Facing Your Login Has Been Blocked Error On Hulu
There are various reasons why you may face this issue on Hulu. Some of the reasons behind getting Your Login Has Been Blocked Error on Hulu are-
- You may face this issue due to invalid login credentials. When you enter an incorrect password and username then you are likely to face this issue.
- If your account is not activated, then also you may face this issue. You need to activate your account before actually using it.
- If the server of the Hulu is down, then also you may face this issue. Many times, when Hulu is upgrading their server or due to technical issues, the server may be down and you may face this issue.
- Hulu is available for the residents of the US only. If you are trying to use Hulu outside of the US, then you may face this issue. Hulu may temporarily block your login when it is being used outside the US.
- Another reason behind facing this issue is the connectivity problem. If your internet is down or is unstable, then you are likely to face this issue while logging into your account.
- Many times the issue may also be encountered due to a browser glitch. Many times it may happen then you will encounter this issue while using a certain browser but not on another browser.
- Another reason to face this issue can be random app glitches. Due to corrupted cache files the app may crash or may cause login issues.
- When you have violated the terms of service of Hulu, you are likely to face this issue. Many people prefer using VPN to access Hulu outside of the US. Free VPN services get detected easily and you will be blocked from logging into Hulu.
- If you are using an older version of Hulu, then also you may face this issue.
- Ensure you have an active subscription. If your subscription is expired then you are likely to face this error.
Fix Hulu Login Error
Now that you know the reasons behind facing the Hulu Login error, you can continue ahead with the troubleshooting steps to help fix it. Given below are various steps to fix the Hulu Login error-
Basic Troubleshooting Steps
Firstly, you must ensure that the Hulu Server is up. You can do that by using Down Detector. As we discussed above, you are likely to face this error when the Hulu server is down. If the Hulu Server is down, then you will have to wait. This generally happens when there is some maintenance going on. Wait for the server to be up again and you will be able to use Hulu again.
Also, ensure there is no connectivity error on your end. When you are connected to an unstable or slow internet connection, you are likely to face this issue. You should try restarting your router or connecting to any other wireless network if you are facing this issue due to a slow internet connection. Troubleshoot your internet connection and then check if you can log in to Hulu or not.
Troubleshoot Issues With App
If you are using the Hulu app, then you should try updating the Hulu app to the latest version. Many times, you may face this issue due outdated app version. Update the Hulu app from Play Store (if using Android) or from the App Store (if using iOS).
If that doesn’t fix the issue, then try clearing the cache of the Hulu app. Many times the corrupted cache data can be responsible for the issue you are facing with the app. Clear the cache or the data of the app and then check if you still encounter the error or not. If the issue is still faced, then reinstall the app and that should most probably fix the issue.
Use Another Browser
Many times the issue may be with your browser. Use any other browser if you can and visit Hulu on it. Many times it may happen that Hulu may have been restricted on your browser due to which you may be facing this issue. Check if the issue is faced on another browser or not, if not then probably your main browser is problematic.
Disconnect From VPN
If you are using VPN to the Hulu application, then disconnect from it. Hulu is geo-restricted and can be used in the US only. If you are using VPN to access Hulu, then chances are that it may have been blocked by Hulu, and you may face this issue. Most probably, this happens when using paid VPNs as they are easily detectable. Disconnect from the VPN and only then you will be able to use Hulu. It would be preferred if you use a paid VPN service and not a free one.
Check your Account Status
Before you could use your account, you must activate it. If your account is not activated then you will not be able to use it. When you create an account, you will be sent an activation mail. You will have to activate your account using the mail and only then you will be able to use Hulu.
If your account is already activated and if you are still facing this issue, then you should check whether you have an active subscription or not. If your subscription has expired, you will not be able to use Hulu to stream content.
Reset Your Password
You may also face this issue when you try to log in to your account with an incorrect password. You must ensure you are using the correct account credentials. Reset your password if that is incorrect. After resetting the password, check whether you can use Hulu or not. You can recover your password using this link. If you have forgotten your email, then you can recover it from here.
Contact Hulu Support
If you are still facing the issue, then you can try contacting Hulu support. You can tell Hulu customer support about the issue you are having and they will guide you in fixing it. You can contact Hulu Support from here.
If the Hulu Login has been blocked, then this article will help you fix it. In this article, we have listed some ways to help fix login issues that you may face with Hulu. Following the above steps, you will be able to login into your Hulu account if you were not able to earlier.
Given below are some FAQs related to login errors that you may face on Hulu.
Why Is Hulu Saying My Login Is Blocked?
There can be various reasons why Hulu may block your login. We have discussed some reasons why Hulu login is blocked in the article above.
Does Hulu Block VPN?
Yes, Hulu blocks various known VPN servers. Mostly, free VPNs get easily blocked on Hulu.
Is Hulu Geo-Restricted?
Yes, Hulu is geo-restricted and only people within side the US can use it and no one else.
Can I Face Login Issue Due To Hulu App?
Yes, when the Hulu app is outdated or when the cached data of the app is corrupted, you are likely to face login issues.