Spotify is a one-stop music app for everyone out there. Many people go to Spotify to listen to their songs.
However, if you no longer want to continue with your Spotify account, then you can delete it. Deleting an account is quite easier on Spotify, and within a few steps, you can do so.
If you want to delete your Spotify account, then this article will be your guide. In this article, we will be discussing how you can delete your Spotify account.
Table Of Contents
- 1 What To Know Before Deleting Your Spotify Account?
- 2 Delete Your Spotify Account
- 3 FAQ
- 4 Final Words
What To Know Before Deleting Your Spotify Account?
Before you delete your Spotify account, there are various things that you should know, such as-
- If you have created your account through a student discount, then you will be restricted from creating a new account for a year.
- After you have deleted your account, you will lose your username forever. You won’t be able to create an account with the same username.
- You won’t be able to access your playlists, and you will also lose your followers after deleting your account.
Delete Your Spotify Account
Now that you know what will happen after you have deleted your account and have no issue with that, you can continue with the process. Given below are the steps to help you delete your Spotify account-
- Open your browser, and head to the Spotify account settings page. You will be able to do so by clicking on this link.
- You will be asked to log in if you are not already logged into your account. Sign in to your account to continue ahead.
- Here, click on the Closing your account option.
- If you have a premium account, then under Got Premium? Section, click on Contact Customer Support. For premium accounts, users must contact customer support to delete the account. You can wait for the subscription to expire and then delete the account yourself.
- If you have a free account, then click on Close your account under the Don’t have Premium? Section.
- Now, click on Close Account.
- You will now be asked to verify your account details. Click on Continue.
- Now, check the checkbox for I Understand and then click on Continue.
- You will now get a verification mail to verify you are closing your account.
- Now open the mail, and click on the Close my account button.
- You will not be headed to a page that says everything is done, and all your devices will be logged out of the account.
You have a seven days grace period within which you can reactivate your account if you want to. However, if you do not reactivate your account within this period, it will be permanently deleted.
Also, note that if you want to create a Spotify account again with the same email, you will have to wait for 14 days to do so.
Have questions related to deleting your account on Spotify? We have answered some frequently asked questions related to account deletion on Spotify below-
How Do I Delete A Spotify Account On Mobile?
The process to delete a Spotify account on mobile is the same as that of a PC. You can follow the guide we have mentioned above, and you will be able to delete a Spotify account on mobile.
Does Deleting Spotify App Delete Account?
No, deleting the Spotify app does not delete your account. You will have to delete your account manually, else, your account will remain active even if you have uninstalled the app.
What Happens If I Delete My Spotify Account?
When you delete your Spotify account, your followers, playlist, username, and song history will be lost forever, and you will not be able to regain them.
Moreover, if you use Spotify through a student discount, you will have to wait a year to reapply for the account.
How Long Is The Grace Period For Deleting Spotify Account?
You are offered a grace period of 7-days after you have deleted your account. Within this period, you will be able to get back your account.
How Long Will I Have To Wait To Create Another Account With the Same Email?
You will have to wait 14 days to create a new account with the same email after deleting the old one.
Deleting your Spotify account isn’t much of a difficult process. If you want to delete your Spotify account, follow the steps in this article.
Following the above steps mentioned in this article, you can easily delete your Spotify account.