Spotify is a one-stop app for music lovers. You can play music, audiobooks, and various others on Spotify. When you create an account on Spotify, you will be given a username that everyone will see when you make a playlist. Spotify will give you a username when you create an account. However, you will be able to change your Spotify username after you have created your account.
Changing your Spotify username is quite easy. If you are looking for a guide to change Spotify username, then this article will help you with that. In this article, we will be discussing how you can change your Spotify username.
Table Of Contents
Changing Your Spotify Display Name
If you want to change your display name on Spotify, then you will be able to do that by following the steps given below-
On Mobile Platform
To change Spotify Display Name on the mobile platform (Android or iOS), follow the steps given below-
- Open the Spotify app on your mobile or tablet. If you don’t have Spotify, then download it from PlayStore(if you have Android) or from App Store (if you have iOS).
- Sign in to your account if you have not already signed in.
- Tap on the Settings icon at the top right corner.
- Now, tap on the View Profile option under your name.
- On the next page, tap on the Edit Profile option.
- Tap on the display name and change it to whatever you want. Tap on Save to change the name.
To change the Spotify Display name on your Desktop, follow the steps given below-
- Firstly, open the Spotify app on your desktop. If you do not already have it, you can download the app from the Microsoft Store.
- Now, click on the drop-down arrow next to your name at the top right corner.
- From the menu that opens up, click on Profile.
- You will now be headed to the Profile Page.
- Click on your Display Name in bold here and change it. After changing the name, click on the Save button.
Make Your Username As Same As Your Facebook Account
When you connect your Facebook account to your Spotify account, the display name will become the same as your Facebook name. To make your username as same as your Facebook account, follow the steps given below-
On Mobile Platform
- Open the Spotify app on your mobile or tablet. Sign in to your account if you have not done that already.
- Tap on the Settings icon on the top right corner.
- On the Settings page, tap on Connect to Facebook.
- You will now have to log in with your Facebook. Follow the on-screen instructions to log in to your Facebook account.
To make your user name the same as the Facebook name on your Desktop, follow the steps given below-
- Open the Spotify app on your desktop.
- Now, click on the drop-down arrow next to your profile name at the top right corner.
- From the menu that opens up, click on Settings.
- Now under the Social section, click on Connect with Facebook.
- Enter your Facebook credentials and login into your account.
- Once done, your name will be similar to your Facebook name.
Above were the two methods to change your Spotify username. We have discussed how you can change your display name on Spotify as well as how to make it similar to your Facebook name. Following the above steps, you should be able to change your Spotify username easily.
We have answered some of the questions related to changing your Spotify username.
Can I Change My Spotify Username?
Yes, you can anytime change your username after you have created your account. We have discussed the complete process to do so in the article above.
How Do I Make My Account Name Same As Facebook Account?
To make your account name the same as your Facebook account, head to Settings of Spotify and then click on Connect with Spotify and follow the on-screen instructions to connect your Spotify account to Spotify. This will make your Spotify name as same as your Facebook name. You can follow the detailed guide in the article above to do so.
How Do I Change My Username On Spotify?
You can change your Spotify username by either changing the Display name or by connecting your Facebook account to Spotify. Following the above guide, you will be able to change your Spotify username easily.
Can I Connect My Facebook Account To Spotify?
Yes, Spotify allows you the option to connect your Facebook account to Spotify.