Nowadays, most of the mobile phones available in the market are waterproof. However, sometimes water can enter the device’s charging port and cause a problem. Phones come with a moisture detection sensor that will detect moisture in the device and warn the user.
When water is detected in the charging port, you may face issues with charging. You may not be able to charge your device, or it may take hours to charge your phone. But how can water get into the charging port?
Well, there are various reasons why this may happen. Water may get into the charging port when your phone falls into the water due to exposure to moisture, rain, sweat, etc.
So is it a thing to be worried about? Well, most probably not if you can get water out of your charging port. If you don’t know how to get water out of the charging port, then follow the steps in this article.
Table Of Contents
- 1 What To Know Before Continuing Ahead?
- 2 Removing Water Out Of The Charging Port
- 3 Preventing Water Damage
- 4 What To Do If Water Has Completely Entered The Device?
- 5 FAQ
- 6 Final Words
What To Know Before Continuing Ahead?
Before you continue with the steps in this article, you must ensure a few things so that you don’t end up damaging your device.
- Do not try removing water/moisture by heating the charging port. The chemical binding the screen to the phone may melt and may permanently damage your phone.
- If you are using a hair dryer, then ensure you do not blow air directly, as it will push water further into the device.
- Never use isopropyl alcohol and rice bags to suck out the moisture of the device.
- Ensure you are not sticking any objects into the charging as this may damage the port.
Removing Water Out Of The Charging Port
Now that you know all the above things, you can continue ahead with the process. Ensure, you follow the steps mentioned below correctly. To get water out of charging port, follow the steps given below-
- Firstly, take a dry cloth and wipe the exterior of the phone with it. You can use a dry cloth or a microfiber towel.
- Keep the port facing down. Gently tap on the port or shake the device to get water out. This will push out the large water droplets.
- Now, keep the phone upside down and allow it to dry. Keep it in a well-ventilated area. This may take a lot of time, depending on the amount of water in the water.
- This should remove all the water from the charging port.
- However, if that doesn’t work out and you still find water in the charging port, you will be advised to take your device to the service center.
Preventing Water Damage
Water damage can be permanent sometimes; therefore, you must take care of your device and prevent such damage. You should keep the following things in mind to prevent water damage-
- Keep your phone away from water. Ensure you do not take your water into the pool, rain, or bathroom.
- You should regularly clean your device with a dry microfiber cloth.
- If you live in an area with high humidity, buy a waterproof case.
What To Do If Water Has Completely Entered The Device?
This is not only about the charging port; if your device has been damaged and you cannot use it. So what to do to revive it? Well, there are chances that you can still save your phone by following the steps given below-
- Ensure you turn off your device and do not try turning it on. This will reduce the damage caused to some extent.
- Ensure you dry the device with a clean and dry cloth.
- Remove your SIM card and memory card from your device.
- Do not charge your device as this may cause electrocution and also damage the device.
- Keep the phone in a well-ventilated area for some time and wait for the water to dry. Then turn on the device to see if it is working.
- Take your phone to the service center if it is not working. If you find the device working, take it to a service center for a thorough check.
Let’s see some FAQs related to the water damage caused to the device.
What Are Some Signs Of Water Damage?
When your device suffers water damage, you may notice your device heats up. Many times, the application won’t load.
You may see fog under the screen, and the speakers might not work. If the damage is severe, your device will not turn on.
What Are IP Ratings?
IP Ratings is the certification of how your device is resistant to water. They may be in such format- IP69.
Here the first number tells the dust resistivity of the device; 0 is the lowest while 6 is the highest. Similarly, the second number tells about water resistivity, with 0 being the lowest and 9 highest.
What Not To Do When Water Gets In Phone?
Ensure you do not leave the phone in the liquid. Do not shake your device, do not heat it. Ensure you do not stick objects in it.
Can I Get Water Out Of The Charging Port?
Yes, you can easily get water out of the charging port. We have discussed the complete step-by-step process above so you can follow it.
This is how you can get water out of your charging port. Before the water damages your phone, you can follow the above steps and ensure you safely get water out of the device.