Minecraft is by far the most popular 3D game in the world. It’s been more than a decade since its debut, and it remains to be popular among gamers.
Over the years, Minecraft has included many features and functions to improve the gameplay. One such feature is chatting.
If you are wondering how to use the chatting option in Minecraft, this post is for you. In this post, we will cover everything you need to know about Minecraft game chat.
Table Of Contents
Does Minecraft Have Game Chat?
There’s confusion among Minecraft players regarding the game chat feature. Some players are not sure if the game has an in-game chatting option.
Unlike most other games, Minecraft doesn’t have a built-in chat feature. It is not clear why the developers thought it was a good idea, but that’s how it is.
However, when playing Minecraft in multiplayer mode, players can access the in-game text option. It allows players to interact and communicate with each other efficiently.
It doesn’t matter which platform you are on, you can easily access the text chat option. It takes just a simple press of a button to use this feature.
Minecraft multiplayer version also offers a voice chat feature. Instead of texting, players can use their voices to chat with each other. That voice chat is more entertaining than text chat. It allows you to communicate more easily.
Steps To Enable Voice Chat In Minecraft On Xbox
As we said, voice chat is a great way to collaborate and communicate with other players. You will be glad to know that this functionality is available on Xbox. After enabling the voice chat option on your Xbox console you can talk to your family members, friends, or teammates while playing.
If you are not sure how to use voice chat in Minecraft on Xbox, follow these steps:
- Take your Xbox controller and press the button with the Xbox logo. This will give you access to the Xbox guide.
- Navigate to Settings and click on the Audio option.
- Go to the Headset Mic option and toggle it On.
- Next, adjust the headset volume to higher or middle.
- Go to Mic Monitoring and adjust the slider as per your preference, so you can hear your voice clearly through the headset.
- Return to the Settings menu and click on the option Display & Sound.
- Go to the Chat Mixer option and set the slider to Do Nothing.
- Now open Minecraft and switch to multiplayer mode.
- On your Xbox controller, long press the View button to gain access to the scoreboard.
- Hit the RB button to access the Players tab.
- Pick the player that you want to communicate with and hit the A button on your controller.
- Select the option Invite to Chat. This will send a voice chat invitation to the player.
- After your request gets accepted, you can voice chat with the other player.
So that’s all you need to do to enable the voice chat feature in Minecraft on Xbox. Even though the steps are lengthy, they are easy to follow.
But sometimes voice chat may not work. If you face a similar situation, follow these tips to troubleshoot the problem.
- Check if your Xbox firmware is up to date. If not, get the latest version to solve the issue.
- Connect your headset firmly to your Xbox controller. If the connection is loose, it can create issues while voice chatting.
- Make sure that your Xbox controller is not low on charge.
- Reboot your router and Xbox console.
- Make sure that you have a stable internet connection, and set the NAT type to Open.
With these simple troubleshooting tips, you can quickly solve voice chat issues.
Steps To Enable Voice Chat In Minecraft On PS4
Even PS4 players can take advantage of the voice chat feature in Minecraft multiplayer mode. Using this feature allows them to interact with other players and have a great time playing. The voice chat functionality is included for seamless communication between players. With the help of this feature, you can share tips and strategize to take over the game.
Now the query is about enabling voice chat in Minecraft on PS4. Follow these steps and you will be good to go.
- Start by switching on your PS4 console.
- Once the PS4 starts, sign in to your user account.
- Open the Minecraft game, and select the option Play Game.
- To start a multiplayer session, select Play Game or Create New World. You can pick between any of these two options.
- Take your controller, and hit the Options button.
- Navigate to the Settings section, and select Audio.
- Now enable the Audio Chat option under the Audio Output Settings.
- Make sure that your mic is connected to the console.
- Long press the L1 button on the PS4 controller. This will activate the voice chat option.
Sometimes users are faced with common issues, such as voice chat not working. There’s nothing to worry about as it can be easily fixed. Here are some tips to follow.
- Make sure that your mic is working fine. To confirm, use it with a different device and check.
- Configure your PS4 audio right.
- Check Minecraft’s audio settings and make sure that everything is configured correctly.
By following these easy tips you can fix voice chat issues on your PS4. Using the voice chat feature can come in handy in various situations while playing. Therefore, enabling it on your PS4 is important.
Steps To Enable Voice Chat In Minecraft On P
Minecraft has an in-built voice chat option for PS4 and Xbox consoles. However, the same is not available for PC players. But no worries, there’s a workaround that can help you add the voice chat feature in Minecraft on PC. To know how you should read the pointers below.
- You can use a third-party application like Skype or Discord to use voice chat when playing Minecraft on PC. You may come across plenty of third-party software online, but the ones mentioned in this post are the best.
- Once you have made your choice, download and install the application on your PC.
- The next step is to create a new user account. All you need to do is set a password and enter a username.
- If you choose Discord, you will have to create a server. For this, click on the Plus icon on the left-hand side of the screen, following the wizard. In the case of Skype, you just have to create a group chat.
- Share the invite link with other players so they can join the group or server.
- Start the Minecraft game and switch to multiplayer mode.
- Now you can use the third-party app to talk to your friends while playing.
If you face any issues, here are some tips to follow:
- Check if your headset is connected properly.
- Make sure that you have a fast and stable internet network. Otherwise, it may disrupt your voice chatting experience.
- If your friends can’t hear you, adjust the volume level of your microphone.
- Check the settings of your voice chat app and make sure that everything is configured properly.
Using third-party apps like Skype, Discord, and others provides a great way of communication while playing Minecraft.
Steps To Use Text Chat In Minecraft (Xbox, PS4, PC)
To enable text chat in Minecraft on Xbox, PS4, and PC, you should follow these steps.
- Open the chat window and press the T button.
- Now you can type your messages and hit the Enter button to send them.
- Once the other player receives your messages, they will reply to you back.
Steps To Make A Party Chat On PS4
These are the steps you need to follow to create a party chat on PS4:
- Access the function screen by pressing up on the home screen.
- Select the option Party, followed by Start Party.
- Select an existing group or create a new group from the drop-down menu.
- Assign a name to your group chat. You can also change the privacy settings if you want.
- Next, add players to your party chat.
Following these steps, you can easily create a party chat with your friends in Minecraft on PS4.
Steps To Create A Group Chat In Minecraft On Xbox
You can also create a group chat in Minecraft on Xbox. Here are the steps you need to follow.
- Access the Xbox guide by clicking on the Xbox logo button on the controller.
- Click on the Parties & Chats option, followed by Start A Party, and Invite More.
- Now select friends who you want to add to the group chat.
- In the end, hit the Invite button.
Both text chat and voice chat features in Minecraft are advantageous for players. It allows them to talk and strategize with their friends while playing. You can follow these steps to enable the chat option in the game on various platforms.