Snapchat is one of the most famous social media platforms. Users can send text messages, photos, videos, and drawings. This platform represents the friendship between two known or unknown friends by sending Snapshots. You can send snapshots to anyone on your friend list. If you have been on Snapchat then you might have heard people talking about Snapchat streaks. So what are they and how to start them? Snapchat streaks get started when the user sends and also receives the snap continuously. It uses some symbols or emojis for informing the user that they have active snap streaks, this is further explained in this article. In this article, we will be discussing everything about Snapchat streaks.
Table Of Contents
How to Start Snapchat Streaks?
When the user sends the snap to their friend and also receives the snap from their friend for three consecutive days then the Snapchat streaks get started. When the streaks get started, the user will notice a fire emoji next to their friend’s name which indicates that the streaks have been started with that particular friend. As the streaks increase and reach 100 days, the user will see a red 100 emoji next to their friend’s name.
How to Maintain Snapchat Streaks?
The only possible way to maintain Snapchat streaks is to send photos and videos to your friends daily for 24 hours. The Snaps should be sent and received from that particular friend every 24 hours. If the count down of 24 hours is about to end, then you will see an hourglass in front of the name of your friend indicating that the streak is about to end. In that case, you both will have to send each other Snap in form of a photo or a video.
Earlier, Snapchat offers users a filter featuring the Snapstreak day count. With this feature, users were able to share the Snapchat streaks directly in the story. As the feature is no more available, users are looking for a way to showcase Snapchat Streak. However, there is a way to flaunt the snap streaks with friends via Charms. The steps for the same are as follow-
- Open the Snapchat app on your phone.
- Then, go to the profile page of that person you have snap streaks with.
- There, scroll down to the Charms section and search for the Snapstreak charm.
- Next, tap on the Expand the Snapstreak charm and click the screenshot.
Note- As soon as you take a screenshot, your friend will get a notification of that.
- Once the user has taken the screenshot, all they need to do is to post the screenshot to the Snapchat Story. For that, go to the Snapchat story creation interface.
- From the Camera Roll select the screenshot you took. Here, you can tag the friend with whom you have achieved the steak.
- Once done, select the My Story option and hit the Send button appearing in the blue color.
What Does Snapchat Streaks Emoji Means?
Snapchat emojis can confuse those who are new to Snapchat. Snapchat uses emojis next to the Snapchat streaks for informing the user that they have active snap streaks. It has been noticed that Snapchat only use three emojis and they are briefly described below-
- Flame Emoji- This emoji appears next to the Snapchat users which simply indicates that the Snapstreaks have been started. The user has sent and also received a snap for three consecutive days.
- Hour Glass Emoji – When the user forgets to send the snap and the 24-hour countdown is about to end then this hourglass emoji reminds a user to send the snap as it indicates that the Snapstreaks are about to expire. As soon as the user sends a snap this emoji will get disappear.
- 100 Emoji – When the user maintains the Snap streaks for the consecutive 100 days, they will see the 100 emoji next to the person they have maintained instead of the fire emoji on the 101 days.
This article discusses everything about the Snapchat streak. We have discussed how you can start Snapchat streaks, and how to maintain them. This article also discusses the meaning of different Snapchat streak emojis. Moreover, we have also discussed the complete process to share the streak on the story.
Let’s discuss some FAQs related to streaks on Snapchat-
1. How do streaks work on Snapchat?
Streaks get started when the user sends and also receives the snaps to each other for three consecutive days.
2. What happens after 100 streaks on Snapchat?
Snap streaks or Snapchat streaks tell about how many times the two friends have exchanged the snap with each other. When you exchange the snap for consecutive three days, a fire emoji will appear, and as soon as you complete 100 days, a red-colored 100 emoji will appear.
3. How long do streaks last?
If the snap does not get exchanged within 24 hours, the users will lose their streak with their friends.
4. Why do Snapchat Streaks Matter?
According to Snapchat users, this streak is a token of friendship. As the streak increases, the friendship between them increases and their friend gets strong. These snap streaks only define how much close two friends are.