Almost everyone in the Apple Ecosystem uses Apple AirPods. AirPods are a great accessory that you can use if you are in an Apple Ecosystem. However, what gets frustrating is that you cannot connect your AirPods to your iPhone, iPad, or Mac. Well, such issues are not common within Apple ecosystems, but that does not mean you will never face this issue.
You need not worry about if you cannot connect your Airpods to your iPhone or iPad. This article will discuss the reasons and the troubleshooting methods to fix the AirPods connectivity issue.
Table Of Contents
Reasons Why Your AirPods May Not Connect
There are various reasons your AirPods may not connect to your iPhone/iPad. These reasons may include-
- If the battery of your AirPods is low, then they might not connect to your device.
- In case the AirPods and your iPhone/iPad are not running on the latest firmware, you may also face this issue.
- Many times, physical damage to the Airpods may also cause this issue.
- If your earphones are dirty from the inside, that may also cause issues with the AirPods.
- Random bugs and technical glitches may also cause this issue with your AirPods.
Troubleshoot AirPods Won’t Connect
If you are not able to connect your AirPods, then you can follow the steps given below to troubleshoot it-
Clean Your AirPods
Your AirPods may get dirty over time. Earwax and dirt accumulated over time may cause your AirPods not to connect to your device. You will have to clean your AirPods and then check if you still face the issue or not. You will need 70% Isopropyl Alcohol, Cotton Swabs, a toothpick, and an old toothbrush to clean your AirPods.
- Damp your cotton swabs and toothbrush in isopropyl alcohol and rub the edges and the cervices of the Airpods. Do this on the charging case also.
- Now, remove the remaining dirt from your AirPods using a toothpick.
- Rub the AirPods with a microfiber cloth to dry off the alcohol.
Update AirPods’ Firmware
You may also face this issue due to outdated firmware of the AirPods. This generally happens if you are using AirPods with Android or Windows devices. There is no option to update the AirPods manually, so if you are using Android devices or Windows devices, your AirPods won’t be updated.
When you connect your AirPods to your iPhone or iPad, your AirPods will automatically get updated. Once the AirPods have been updated, the issue should no longer be encountered.
Restart Your iPhone/iPad
Many times the issue may be encountered due to some glitches and bugs. If that is the case, then we would recommend you restart your iPhone or iPad or whatever device you are connecting your AirPods to. Restarting your device will probably fix all the bugs and glitches, and you will be able to connect your AirPods now.
Charge Your AirPods
If you are facing issues with the AirPods and cannot connect your AirPods to your device, then you should try charging your device. When the AirPods are not fully charged, you may face this issue. When the battery of the AirPods is low, you may face performance drops and, at times, even connectivity issues. Ensure you completely charge your AirPod and then try connecting them.
Another troubleshooting step to follow is updating the iOS. To do so, follow the steps given below-
- Open the Settings app on your iPhone/iPad.
- In the Settings app, tap on General.
- Now, tap on Software Update.
- Install any update available here, and then check if you still face the issue or not.
If you still cannot connect your AirPods to your iPhone or iPad, you can try resetting the AirPods. To do so, follow the steps given below-
- Insert the AirPods in the case, close the lid and wait 30 seconds.
- Now, open the Settings app on your iPhone/iPad and tap on Bluetooth.
- Tap on the More info button next to the AirPods.
- Tap on Forget This Device and confirm.
- Now, open the lid and press and hold the setup button for a few seconds until you see the white light flashing.
- Now, connect your AirPods to your iPhone/iPad.
If you cannot connect your AirPods to your iPhone or iPad, you will be able to fix this issue by following the steps in this article. It is frustrating when you cannot connect your AirPods to your devices, and if you are facing this issue, you can follow the steps in this article to fix it.
We have discussed some FAQs related to connectivity issues with the AirPods-
Why Are My AirPods Failing To Connect?
There can be various reasons you cannot connect your AirPods, such as the low battery, outdated firmware, temporary glitches, and various others.
How Do I Reset My AirPods?
If you want to reset your AirPods, then you can follow the steps in this article. We have discussed the step-by-step process to reset AirPods in the article above so that you can follow that.
The Blinking white light on AirPods means that your AirPods are ready to connect to the Apple device.
How Do You Fix Orange Flashing AirPods?
When the battery of the AirPods is low, then you may face an orange light flashing issue. You will have to charge your AirPods to fix the issue you encounter.