We all know that Google Chrome is the most popular browser around the world and people use it like they do not know about any other browser. Google Chrome keeps updating with features but still, it does get some problems that are annoying too many users.
Chrome is reportedly crashing with an error message and that has been reported by the users when they try to open a webpage. Chrome has reportedly crushing for some status access violation errors. It does not matter which Chrome you are using even the latest one is crashing.
You would remember that there was an error faced when we use Google and then it enabled the ‘rendered code integrity’ security feature in Chrome on Windows 10. After some time the company disable the feature and re-enabled it again. Now, as per the users when they are surfing the internet then all of a sudden they get this error of status access violation.
What is a status access violation error?
The status access violation error is a type of error in Google Chrome that was added by Google in the past few years and this error is made by Google Chrome because it is the browser which is chromium-based browser.
Along with Google Chrome Microsoft also gets this error. Well, we will take it to the outside and in this article, you will just discuss the error in Google.
Reason for status access violation error
The reason for the status access violation is because of mishandling code management and it occurs when memory gets registration from an unspecified program code and that too without any authority.
There could be another reason for the status access violation and that could be an outdated version of the browser or when using a large number of the extension installed in Chrome. And these errors in chromium-based search engines and Google Chrome is one of them.
This not only leads to not having the result but also it may irritate us. Here in this article, we are going to see different ways with the help of which we can resolve this problem of error and fix it.
Ways with the help of which we can fix this error.
Well, there are many different ways with the help of which we can resolve this issue of status violation error. Each of the methods is given below one by one and explained in detail with steps.
Read each of them and after using any one of the methods to let us know in the comments section how did you pull it off. Let us get started.
Detecting the faulty RAM by memory test
We can resolve the problem after performing a memory test in the system. To do so we need to follow the steps that are given below one by one.
- First, we need to run the dialogue by pressing the Windows key and R key, simultaneously.
- After that, we need to type mdched.exe to open the windows memory diagnostic tool.
- We need to click on the restart now and check for problems button so that we can check the system for memory problems.
- After doing so the system will immediately start and the system will start the test.
- A user will be able to see up the progress bar and a status message will inform the user if any problem has been detected during the process.
- The system will automatically reboot and then it will return to the Windows desktop when the work is done.
- In case, if the result of the test does not appear on the screen then open event viewer and then type event viewer in the run dialogue box after pressing windows key + R.
- Now you will see on the screen the windows logs and then in the windows log go to the system. Then, click on the Find button in the right lane and then type memory diagnostic into the search box.
- After that, click on the find next button which will show the details.
If there would be any problem then you need to rectify the hardware.
Installing the latest Google Chrome
Another way with the help of which you can get out of this glitch is by updating the Google Chrome browser to the updated version of it. To do so you need to follow the steps given below.
- Open the Google Chrome browser.
- You need to click on the top right corner and then click on the three dots button available there.
- After that, you need to click on the help and feedback option and then go to the about section.
- Then, click on the update button available there and wait till the downloading process gets finished.
- After that double click on the downloaded Google Chrome and then wait for the completion of the installation process.
This is how you update Google Chrome and you can fix the problem of status access violation.
Disabling the installed extensions
Another way to disable and get rid of status access violations is installed in Google chrome. You can do so by following the steps that are given below one by one.
- Open the Google Chrome browser on the desktop.
- Then on Google Chrome, click on the three dots available at the top right corner.
- After that, click on the More tools button and then click on extensions.
- A page will pop up, where you will see the entire extension enabled.
- You need to enable extensions to disable them on you can just simply delete all of them.
This is how you delete and disable install extensions on Google Chrome and this may help you to get rid of status access violation errors.
Changing the file name of .exe
Many users have told us that changing the name of the .exe file name resolves the problem. To do so we need to follow the steps that are given below one by one.
- First, we need to press the Windows key + E button to open the file explorer.
- After that, In the location bar we need to paste the command given:
- C:\Program Files (×86)\Google\Application
- Then, we need to right-click on the Chrome.exe file.
- Here, we can rename it to Chrom.exe or any other .exe name.
- Now, restart Chrome.
This is how you can resolve the problem of status access violation error.
Creating the new user profile
With the help of a new user profile, you can fix the error of status access violation. You can do so by clicking on the current profile from the top right corner and then clicking on the plus button. This is so simple method.
Running with administrator access
We can resolve the problem by cutting Google Chrome to run with administrator access. We can do so by following this was given below.
- First, we need to locate the Google shortcut on our desktop.
- After that, right on the shortcut button and then select properties.
- Now, here we need to select the shortcut tab and then click on the advanced button given at the bottom right corner.
- Here, we need to check the box next to run as administrator.
- After that click on the ok button given at the button and then try to run the Google Chrome via shortcut.
- We can pin it to the taskbar and then, use it and we will not get the status access violation error.
These are the different methods with the help of which we can get rid of the status access violation error. You can choose any one of them.
FAQ ( frequently asked question )
Here below, some of the frequently asked questions about status access violation errors that they get in Google Chrome.
Is status access violation error normal?
Yes, status as validation error is normal nowadays with many devices that runs Google Chrome.
Is status access violation error a threat?
No, we can not say that it is a threat but, we must get rid of every error and that is what this article is all about. You can follow different ways to get rid of this error.
Does Microsoft Edge also get this error?
Though this article is not about Microsoft edge, let me tell you edge also gets this kind of violation error. And we can fix it too, with ease.
Why do we get this error in Google Chrome?
We get this error because we do use an older version of Google Chrome. We need to have the latest version or else, we will get this error every time we use it to browse.
These are the questions that we have answered. If you do have any questions or queries do let us know in the comments section. We will answer it as soon as possible.
In this article, we talked about the status access violation error that we get on Google Chrome. We also saw what is this error and what are the reasons for it. Then, we discussed the ways by which we can resolve the problem.
And after that, we answered questions related to it. Do let us know in the comments section about your experience while reading this article. Thank you for reading this article.