Did you launch Corsair iCue launch app and encounter with the iCUE no device detected error? If yes, then read on. This is one of the common problems with Corsair’s iCUE application. Also, fixing the issue is pretty easy. So the question is, how to fix iCUE no device detected error?
iCUE is Corsair’s Utility Engine tool which is used for managing Corsair’s products connected to your computer. But it sometimes fails to detect your devices and returns with the no device detected error.
And below are some of the common fixes to get rid of the error:
How To Fix iCUE no device Detected error?
First thing first, make sure that you have restarted your computer once. As there could be a chance that the Corsair utility engine is failing to communicate with your devices. So a simple restart would allow the software a second chance to do it.
2. Change USB Port
The next thing you should do is change the USB port. As there is a high chance that the USB device you are connected to is faulty. As a result, it is not really detecting the device. Even sometimes, the software fails to detect the USB port only even though it is working. So change your USB port and see if you are still getting the same error.
Also, check if you have connected your device to a USB 3.0 port, then do connect it to a USB 2.0 port or vice versa. Plus, if you are using a PC, then make sure that you have attached the device to your PC’s back panel USB ports and not the front panel ports.
3. Corsair Utility Engine Is Outdated
Corsair frequently updates their utility engine and if you are not running the latest version of it. Then it is likewise that you are going to encounter problems. Hence, it is recommended that you uninstall the current version of Corsair Utility Engine and download the latest version of it. And for this, you have to follow these steps:
- At first, click on Windows 10 search bar and type down the control panel.
- From Control Panel, go to Uninstall a Program.
- Over here, look for the Corsair utility engine and right-click on it, and select uninstall.
- Next, follow all the on-screen instructions to uninstall the software and then reboot your computer.
- After that, go to the Corsair download page and download the latest version of Corsair iCUE.
- Finally, install the program by following all the on-screen steps.
4. Update Windows 10
There is also a chance that a Windows bug is creating issues with the Corsair iCue. As a result, you are getting the iCue no device detected error.
However, since Windows gets frequently updated. So do update your Windows 10 and check if you are still getting the same error.
To update Windows 10 go to Settings > Update & Security > Check for Updates. If there is any update available, then do install it.
5. Check Hardware Compatibility
Make sure the Corsair device you are using is compatible with the iCue software. As if your device doesn’t have the support for the software. Then you would not be able to connect to it.
So if you have the packaging box of the device, then do check if it is compatible with the iCue software or not. Also, you can go to Corsair’s official website and check for compatible devices. Along with that, you can also visit Corsair Forums and ask your query.
Changing BIOS Switch If your Corsair device comes with a BIOS switch, then do use it to change it’s functionality. The button usually comes with only Corsair keyboards.
For instance, if the correct BIOS switch is not activated, then you will not be able to connect it to the iCue software.
Anyway, to deal with this, you can follow these steps:
- At first, launch iCue software and go to the screen where you are getting the iCue no device detected error.
- Then locate the BIOS switch on your keyboard and change it. Then try connecting it again and see if the software detects the device. If it doesn’t, then change to some other BIOS mode and repeat the process.
In case if your keyboard doesn’t have a BIOS switch, then you can also put it in BIOS Mode. For this, you have to follow these steps:
At first, hold and press the Windows Key and F1 at the same time for about 3 seconds. And then, you will enter into BIOS mode. Also, you have to press the same buttons to exit from the BIOS mode.
Alternatively, you can also disconnect your device and then press and hold the ESC key when plugging in your device and see if your device gets detected, this hard resets the device.
6. Create New CUE Profile
The profile you are currently using might be corrupted. As a result, you are facing connectivity issues. Also, this is a very common problem, and the best way to fix it is to create a different CUE profile.
For this, you have to follow these steps:
- Launch iCue software and go to Home and click on the plus icon to create a new profile.
- Then give a name to your profile and press enter.
- Next, click on the device connected and set them as Default.
- Next, saves changes and exit and reboot your computer.
- Finally, create a new profile, customize your device with RGB color and other settings, and check if you are still getting the same error.
5. Reinstall Device Drivers
If nothing works out for you, then you better reinstall device drivers. In case if there is any driver-related issue, it will fix that. Along with that, it will also update your existing device drivers. To do this, you have to follow these steps:
- At first, right-click on the start menu and go to Device Manager.
- Next, expand the Human Interface devices list.
- Now look for corsair devices and right-click on them, and select Uninstall.
- Once uninstalled, right-click on Human Interface devices and select Scan for hardware changes.
So that was the answer to your how to fix iCUE no device detected error. In the end, if none of the hacks works for you. Then do contact Corsair support, and they might help you out. Anyway, for any other questions, do comment below.